Monday, February 18, 2013

A Nice Little Surprise (for Austin)

Austin's birthday was this weekend, and while he was at work Todd and I decided to go pick up his birthday present.  He has been wanting a mountain bike for a couple of years, and we kind of ignored his request thinking that it was a fleeting phase.  Here it is two years later, and Austin is still talking about wanting a nice bike.  So Todd and I being the pushovers that we are pulled the trigger and got him one for his birthday.

When possible, we like to shop local and support our local community.  Sometimes it isn't as friendly to the pocketbook, but after some research, we found that we could actually get a better bike from our local bike shop cheaper than from REI.  We purchased a Specialized bike (that's the brand) from Victory Velo.  The employees were so friendly and helpful, and suggested we start on the beginner side of the spectrum, and then if Austin decides he wants to really get in to mountain biking, he can then trade up a couple years down the road.

The cute little store in Auburn.


Have to love a store that has a bike sculpture in front of it!

The bike store.

Todd taking Austin's birthday present out to the car...
and also admiring the bike.

It is pretty sleek.
It is black on black with white accents.

Specialized

Look at all those gears.
I'm not a mechanical type of girl, but I know 
that that is way more impressive than my
little $70 Target bike.

I can't wait to see how Austin likes the bike...I know he will, but I'm more interested to see if he will use it as much as he says he will.

Hopefully I'll have pictures of Austin to follow.

No comments: