Thursday, December 27, 2012

Christmas Eve

My fam and I spent Christmas Eve with my parents.
My parents were out of town and didn't get back until Friday,
 so they had very little time to decorate.
I was anxious to see what my parents could 
throw together in such a short time frame.  
This is what welcomed us...
Ohhh, what a cute little Charlie Brown Christmas Tree.
But wait, what is that thing coming out of the top of it?

A string?
A string wrapped around a nail, holding the tree upright.

Because my parents had so little time, they just
went outside and cut a little tree down from their property.
Being that it was so small, it wouldn't fit in the tree stand,
so my dad improvised,
and 
VOILA!
A dangling tree.
(Feel free to insert any redneck joke here).

While I was busy admiring the ingenuity,
my mom was hard at work finishing up dinner.

As my mom was working her fingers to the bone,
we all stood around eating and taking pictures 
(Relax - I did ask if I could help with anything).
Snacking

Pretty table

Picture taking
(My family)

When mom finished up, we all got down to business
and ate like there was no tomorrow.
YUMMMM!

Immediately after dinner we opened presents



And had dessert.
Some of us had dessert all over us!

After all the festivities, 
I wanted to have a picture taken with my parents.
My sister lives in a different state, 
and I wanted to send her a picture of the three of us.

My parents were sitting at the table,
so I thought I would just stand behind them. 
Easy peasy.
Well, it wasn't that easy.
I'm tall, like over 6' tall with shoes on.
When I stood up behind them my head was out of the picture,
so I had to bend over.
I felt like I was too tall still,
so I decided to do the splits thinking that
you couldn't see what I was doing.

So I finally figured out how to pose,
and while I was standing behind them 
doing the splits,
I happened to ask Todd
 (who was taking the picture)
in a somewhat scary voice
"Does this make me look skinny?"
to which Todd replied,
"I don't know, see what you think."

Soooo
what do you think?
Awkward.
Doesn't it look like I'm going to swoop down
and eat their faces off?

I guess I don't have to worry about becoming 
America's Next Top Model!

We had a great time eating and celebrating.

Thanks mom and dad for an awesome
Christmas Eve!

No comments: