Wednesday, December 5, 2012

A DIY - Maybe


The candlesticks that were not meant to be *whimpers softly*

I got a little sticker shock the other day when I was Christmas shopping.
I've ran across some large wooden candlesticks,
and I've been wanting a set of three for a while.
I happened to see a set a Pier 1
Imagine my disbelief when I turned the little sucker over and saw that the price
for one candlestick -
$25.
WHAAAAA?
Are you kidding me?

Being the cheapskate that I am, I started trying to figure out how
I (meaning Todd) could make these for much cheaper.
In my mind, the candlesticks look similar to balusters.
So I got on handy dandy Google - found the Lowe's webpage
and typed baluster in their little search engine thingy
(yes that is its technical name)-
BAM!
Check it out...
It is even primed.
All I would have to do is have Todd cut it for me and then
figure out how to secure a candle on it and paint it.

I see a Christmas project in the works.

So do you have any clever ideas for me on how to finish this off?
Do you think it would work?
Or even better yet,
do you have an easier cheap way to make a candle holder?

No comments: