Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Oh Pumpkin - Bishop's Pumpkin Farm

It had probably been 17 - 18 years since I'd been to
Bishop's Pumpkin Farm.
My family used to visit when the kids were little
and we lived in Yuba City.
Back then, it had just a little barn, train, petting zoo
and of course, pumpkins.

I ended up visiting Bishop's by myself
because Todd was helping his brother with his house,
and my kids are both adults who live in another town
and are unable to drop everything in order
to go to a pumpkin farm with me.

I couldn't believe my eyes when I drove up.
Bishop's had turned into a small amusement park.
I was wishing that I had brought somebody with
me so we could reminisce about how the farm had grown.

There were several new buildings, as well as
zip lines, slides, several play areas, a carousel,
a corn maze, several stores, pig races, pony rides,
hay rides, and the pumpkin farm.











I decided to visit on Halloween,
thinking that it would be pretty empty...big mistake!
Everyone who decided not to go
trick-r-treating showed up there.



The pictures don't do the farm justice.
It was large and packed.
I took about a half hour walking around and exploring,
and trying to get my bearings,
then I decided to take a hay ride


 
 
The tractor took us out to the middle of
the pumpkin patch and dropped us off.
 
Here is a small sampling of how many
pumpkins there were. 
Now take this property and picture
that in every direction.
That's a lot of pumpkins!
 
 
I wandered around for about 45 minutes,
and found these little gems.
Problem was, I only had two hands,
so I could only pick two.
 
 
I made my decision, then hopped back on the
tractor for the hay ride back.
 
Before I left I had to make one last purchase.
Keep in mind that I have been trying to
limit my carb intake since last December.
So what did I buy?
Pumpkin bread, and I ate almost all of it myself. 



It was sooooo delicious,
and I have no self control I tell you.
Oh well, once a year probably wont hurt anything,
but let me just say I'm glad I only have
access to all the pumpkin goodies once a year.

So that was my quick little excursion.
Two hours and $20 later I was done.
It was fun, but would have been way
better if I had my husband or kids to share
the experience with.
Maybe next year.
If I can wait that long to get some more
pumpkin bread! ;)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting little outing!! Did y'all carve the pumpkins for Halloween? Very nice picture of you! AA

Alexxa McComb said...

I wish Aust and I could have gone with you!

Brenda said...

Anne, I haven't carved the pumpkins yet because I'm going to use them as centerpieces on Thanksgiving.

Brenda said...

Alexxa, I wish you could have gone also. It's much more fun when you are with other people.
Love you sugar!