Saturday, February 25, 2012

Minication Ideas

Todd told me that he wants to take me on a minication (three days, two nights) in the next couple weeks, so I'm hard at work trying to figure out a place that we would both enjoy. 

I've come up with a few ideas, but to be honest we've done almost all of them and I'm trying to figure out something new to do.  I don't want to drive more than 4 hours from the Sacramento area. 

I'm going to post two or three ideas today and tomorrow.  Take a look and see what I have, but if you have any suggestions.

Bay Area:  We could go to San Francisco and visit Alcatraz, the Exploratorium, Golden Gate Park and the California Academy of Science, take the cable cars to Fisherman's Wharf, watch Beach Blanket Babylon and/or hike Marin Headlands.


Napa:  Napa is known for their vineyards/wineries, so I could go wine tasting and Todd could be the designated driver (Todd doesn't drink at all), we could take the Napa Valley Wine Train (although Todd doesn't drink, he does eat, and they serve food along with wine), visit Di Rosa Gallery, or take a Napa Valley Bike Tour, or maybe a hot air balloon ride.


Mendocino/Fort Bragg:   Todd and I could take a leisurely drive or hike along the coast, visit Point Cabrillo Lighthouse, hike at Russian Gulch, kayak Big River, stroll through Mendocino Botanical Gardens, or shop Mendocino's boutique stores.


There you have the first three that I have come up with, I will post the next three options tomorrow.

So what do you think?

No comments: