Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Domo Arigato, Mr. Roboto

Anyone remember that awesome song by STYX? 
No, anyways. 
I wanted to share an anniversary gift that I gave the hubs.  Todd is a Mechanical Engineer, so I tried to think of something "mechanical" for a gift.  The only thing that I could come up with that had anything to do with mechanics was a robot.  I searched around and found
Ben Rollman
Ben creates robot portraits using pictures that you send him. 
Here is the picture that I gave to Ben for him to use to make our portrait.



And here is the portrait that he came up with.

I absolutely loved the way our portrait turned out, and Todd enjoyed the uniqueness of the gift.  In fact, I loved it so much I had him do a family portrait, and a picture of Austin.  Lexx liked the portrait so much she had him do one of her and her boyfriend.

I highly recommend him if you are looking for a gift that is little out of the ordinary. 
He is very affordable and will draw anything you want - he's very easy to work with. 
If you are looking for our portraits, we are numbers 141, 143, 144 and 147 on his page. 
 
So what do you think?  Would you ever give a loved one a robot portrait?

No comments: