Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Sunday

So I spent half a day Sunday doing an itinerary for our next vacation.  Todd and I had originally planned on goint to Santa Barbara, but after talking it over, we decided we would rather head north.  Here is what I have planned so far. 

Itinerary:  Oregon Trip
Day
Event
Time
Misc.




Friday
Drive to Shasta, CA
4.5 hours

Saturday
Drive from Shasta  to Florence, OR
7.5 hours
Sea Lion Caves
$12/person
Sandland Adventures
½ hr tours $28/person
1 hr tours $50/person
9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Sand Master Park
Sand sculpting 6/16
10:00 AM-6:00 PM
Sunday
Drive from Florence, OR to Newport, OR
Drive from Newport, OR to Silverton, OR
1 hr. 45 min to Newport
2 hrs. to Silverton
Oregon Coast Aquarium
$15.95/person
9:00 AM-6:00PM
Oregon Garden
$10/person
10:00 AM -4:00 PM
Monday
Drive from Silverton, OR to Silver Falls

30 mins.
Silver Falls State Park
$5 parking


Tuesday
Drive from Silverton, OR to
Ape Caves, WA

2.5 hrs to Cougar, WA
Ape Caves
$5 parking pass
9:00 AM-5:00PM
Wednesday
Drive from Ape Caves, WA
To Multnomah Falls
Drive from Multnomah Falls to Ramona Falls
Drive from Ramona Falls to to Bend, OR

Multnomah Falls
(near Portland)
Ramona Falls
$5/car
7.1 mile hike (difficult)
Canyon Creek Meadows
$5/car
Thursday
Drive from Bend to
Bly, OR


Friday
Stay at Mom & Dad’s


Saturday
Stay at Mom & Dad’s


Sunday
Drive to
McArthur-Burney Falls
Drive to Chester, CA
4 hours to Burney Falls

1 hr. 45 min to Chester
Burney Falls
Monday
Drive home
3.5 hours

Tuesday
Day to recuperate


TOTAL



We haven't picked a month to go yet, but I wanted to get this done because a) it's on my list of things to accomplish in 2012, and b) it's nice to get it done ahead of time.  I didn't include cost in my blog itinerary, but I have it on my actual itinerary.  I want to compare how much I budgeted and actual cost after the vacation.
Have you ever vacationed in Oregon?  If so, do you have any suggestions on places to visit?

No comments: