Sunday, January 1, 2012

BANG!

My new year started off with a BANG!  BANG, I'm $1000 poorer.  My car died on me over a week ago and the repair shop can't figure out what is wrong.  The oil pressure keeps dropping off to zero.  They say it's not the oil pump, it's not the engine, they just don't know what is causing this to happen.

Now we are to the point that if it cost too much money, we might be better off getting a new car (new used that is).  I've been wanting a Hyundai, but I really, really, really don't want a car payment.  However, a definite benefit to getting something like a Hyundai is better gas mileage.  I currently pay about $400. / month in gas to get to work.  I think with an economical car that my monthly cost would shrink to about $120. (for gas) which means it would almost pay my car payment for me.

Decisions, decisions...wish me luck in making a good decision.  Lord knows I don't want to start off the new year wrong.

No comments: