Thursday, May 16, 2013

Long Beach

In case you didn't guess, Todd and I went to an aquarium.
What you probably didn't guess was that we were in Long Beach.
Todd had a conference down there and wanted me to go with him.

We headed out Sunday morning and arrived there about 4 PM.

Todd and I leaving town in our rental.
We got a Chevy Equinox and it was super comfy!

Arriving in Long Beach about 7 hours later.

We checked into the Hyatt and made ourselves up to our room.
It was pretty nice, kind of on the modern side.
A couple things drove Todd nuts about the room.
Can you guess what that is?

The mirror wasn't centered over the bed.
Drove Todd nuts, 
but the king size bed made up for it!
They basically had four different spaces in the room.
The bedroom was one of them, of course.
Then there was a little living room area.


Light not centered above couch...a big no, no for Todd.

The TV swiveled between the bedroom and the living room.
Pretty sweet idea!

They had a very nice bathroom.
I couldn't get a really good picture,
so you'll have to take my word for it.

There was a bar/desk area.
We never touched this area,
but I liked how it was arranged.
It was a great idea for such a small space.

After we got ourselves situated in our room,
we decided to walk around the area and find some food.

We ate at a place called the Auld Dubliner.
It was an Irish restaurant, and the ambiance was great.
It felt like you stepped into a bar in Ireland.

It took us a little bit to figure out what to order.

Todd ended up getting the farmhouse platter.

It had various foods, but the one I couldn't take was the blood pudding.
YACK!

I ordered a Cobb salad.
(I know, I'm no fun)

After dinner we went to this book store across the street.
I figured I would get some reading material for when Todd
was in the conference and I was alone.
Ends up the store had used books for $1.
Excuse me -
can you hear the angels singing?
I went a little crazy,
but picked up some really awesome books.

By the time we left the book store we were pretty much exhausted,
so we headed back to the hotel.
Before we went to sleep, we decided to check out 
the rooftop of the Hyatt.
Guess what was there....

A pool that overlooked the city.
It was incredible.

Todd enjoying the view.

Me enjoying the comfy chair.

And so ended our first night in Long Beach.

Stay tuned for the rest of our incredibly exciting story..
bwahahaha.
I was being facetious.





No comments: