Thursday, November 15, 2012

Sun Diego - Continued Again

Todd and I had another fabulous dinner at the The Fish Market.
I did manage to remember to get a couple pictures this time.
We started off dinner with a smoked salmon/tuna appetizer.
They also had fresh bread to start off dinner.
 
When the main courses came out, we just about passed out.
We couldn't believe the size of the meals.
Todd ordered the seafood cioppino -
it came in a humungous bowl.
 
See!

A picture of the bowl next to Todd for referrence.
Look at his face!
Priceless.
 
I freaked when I saw what was included in Todd's
cioppino...a little tiny squid/octopus?
Not sure what exactly it is,
but it was pretty creepy looking.
On the bright side, Todd said it was delicious.
 
I ordered the breaded tilapia.
I didn't take a picture for reference, but I can tell you
those two pieces were humungous.
 
The dinner was so yummy, and we were so full afterwards
that we decided to take a little walk.
There were some neat sculptures,
so we decided to see what they were all about.
Ends up that the sculptures were dedicated to Bob Hope.
They were big bronze sculptures
and they were playing audio from one of his times
entertaining the troops.


Bob Hope entertaining the troops.

A close up of Bob.

This was such a great memorial.
I'm really glad we happened to stumble across it.
 
Before the night ended, we had to take self portraits.
 
So....with the back debacle,
I didn't really get a chance to take any more pictures.
(Basically they would have been of the ceiling in our room!)
 
Although I didn't get to enjoy our entire time,
Todd and I made the most of the days
where I could move around.
 
I can't wait to go back San Diego in the near future
so we can finish our
To do list....

No comments: