Monday, September 3, 2012

Labor(ious) Weekend

I know that Labor Day is usually reserved for parties and camp outs.
That didn't happen this weekend in our household.
We thought about heading to Tahoe, but when I looked up prices of hotels, that quickly made me change my mind (I'm soooooo cheap).
Austin had to work and Lexx went out of town, so it was just Todd and I at home all alone.

 
Saturday was packed full of errands, my favorite of which was getting my hair done!
Then we headed off to Sam's Club for some shopping.
We ate dinner at Chili's (Yay for the bottomless soup and salad).
When we got home, we proceeded to do fun stuff like laundry and weed eating.

Sunday was much more laid back.
We decided to tackle the painting project we have been putting off for about 3 weeks.
I was exhausted because we got it done in about 2 hours, so I took a sweet little nap.
When I woke up, I felt inspired, so I made some Chicken Cordon Bleu and Cake Balls.

Monday I used to complete my work on an in service that I am helping conduct this Saturday.
I present my subject to about 130 people, so I wanted to make sure I knew what I was talking about.
This took most of the day, as I finished my presentation, and then went to town to pick up odds and ends for the in service.

I'm so happy that the weekend was extended because I don't think I could have accomplished everything I wanted in  just two days.  It definitely will help make this weekdays a little less stressful.

What did you end up doing this weekend?  Did you go out of town or just hang out at home?


No comments: