Tuesday, August 14, 2012

A Gift From Aunt Cheryl

My Auntie passed away about 4 years ago.
She was an avid doll collector, but once she passed,
 her husband put all of her doll's in storage as he planned to move.

This weekend I got a sweet little surprise in the mail.
Cheryl's husband, David, mailed us three of her dolls from her collection.

I absolutely adore them and every time I look at them
 it reminds me of my beautiful Aunt Cheryl.

The doll that was sent to me.
She is pretty large, about like a real life baby.

Look at that sweet little face.

This is Alexxa's doll

She is about 18 inches tall and has a beautiful outfit on.
She is also made of porcelain.

And this is Todd's doll.
I know...normally guys don't get dolls, but it was a running joke between Cheryl and Todd.
She had Socko sitting on her couch one time when we went to visit. 
Todd mentioned how sock monkeys scare him, so my auntie ran with it, and in true Cheryl form, stuck Socko's tail between his legs and threw it at him every time Todd would walk by.
So knowing the history, look where this guy ended up...
sitting on our mantel!

Close up of Socko.

What a wonderful surprise.
Now I need to find a home for all the little treasures so that they don't get ruined.
Any suggestions?

No comments: