Tuesday, January 15, 2013

It's Pretty Chilly Around Here


Seriously, it's been pretty cold for around these parts.
I was leaving to go to work when I noticed
something a little odd about our pond.

Ummm, there's ice on our pond.
That's never happened before 
(with the caveat "That I can remember).

Look at the poor little fishies.
I'm not sure if they are cold, 
it looks like they are asleep (hibernating - do fish hibernate?)

I think it's safe to say that you can't ice skate or
take your truck out on it.
It's only about 1/4 inch thick.

I know that it gets much colder in other parts of the U.S.,
but it's pretty cold for around this area of California.

I know I'm ridiculous thinking that the frozen pond is cool,
but give a girl a break, there's not much exciting stuff that
happens around our house.


No comments: