Wednesday, January 9, 2013

It's a HIt

I found a recipe that my family loves,
and it is super easy to make.
It is Cornbread Casserole that I found here,
and I've included pictures and instructions below.
 
Cook your meat.
The recipe calls for ground beef but I used ground turkey.
Once the meat is cooked thoroughly, use taco seasoning.
While your meat is cooking put together the
cornbread, 1/2 can of cream of corn, and 1/2 can of corn.

I used Jiffy, but you can use whatever you like.

Pour the cornbread mixture in a 9x13 dish.
I used Pam on the bottom to keep it from sticking,
but again, do what you want.
 
Once the meet mixture is done,
pour this on top of the cornbread mixture.

It should look something like this.
I added olives and chopped chilies.
I can think of a number of things you could add,
but this was all I had on hand.
 
For the final step, you mix the second box of
cornbread together with the other 1/2 of the
cream of corn and corn and
then pour this on top of everything.

I added cheese to the top of casserole and
cooked it in the oven at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.

It turned out pretty!
Am I right?
Almost to good to eat...almost.
 
Let it cool for a few minutes and then eat.
 
 
It was such a hit I only got 1piece of it.
When I went to eat the leftovers the next
evening it was all gone.
The best part, it took me about 15 minutes to
throw it together.
 
The family agreed that is one of their new favorites
because it has a sweet and salty taste.
Sweet from the cornbread mixture, salty from the meat mixture.
 
So what do you think, would you give it a try?
 
Mexican Cornbread Casserole
from
2 boxes cornbread mix
1pound ground beef
1 small can chopped green chilies
1 can regular corn
1 can creamed corn
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

Instructions

Brown ground beef add taco seasoning per package directions; set aside.  Mix cornbread per package directions; to corn bread add 1/2 can cream corn and 1/2 can drained regular corn add 1/2 of cornbread mixture in bottom of 9x13 pan; On top of cornbread put meat mixture; remaining can of corn and cream corn over that; now add 1/2 of the cheese; add can of green chilies then top with remaining cornbread mixture and cheese all over top; bake 350* 35-40 min let set 5 min or so and cut into squares .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As you might "guess" I am in amazement that someone could come up with such a thing!! LOL I will take y'all's word for it that it is delicious:-) Love y'all, AA

Brenda said...

It really was delicious. I knew when I posted the pictures it would gross you out, but if you can get past the looks, the taste is yummy!