Monday, May 12, 2014

Mother's Day

I hope all my mom friends out there had a wonderful day.
As always, I was spoiled rotten, 
and my kids don't even live here any more.
They showed me the love by posting a wonderful
message on Facebook for me, and emailing me.
So thoughtful!

Todd took me out to a brunch buffet, 
with flowers, chocolate and specialty cupcakes included.
Then Todd helped his mom out for a few hours,
and I got to have some "me" time.
What did I do you ask?
Well...cleaned my dresser, did a load of laundry,
surfed the net for a dress for a wedding Lexx is in,
and that's about it.

Playing on the computer.

When evening rolled around, Anne (Todd's mother),
wanted to eat at Sizzler, so we all headed down to 
enjoy a good hardy meal - and one we didn't have to cook at that!

We at too much, of course, and talked, 
and when it started to get dark, we all headed home.

Soon to be sister-in-law Amber, me, mother-in-law Anne.
(I'll have you know I was practically laying down 
so we could all fit in the picture!)

Todd and Anne

It was such a nice relaxing day.
The only thing that was missing was my mom.

Miss you Mom!

She is out of town, so we are going to have
 to celebrate when she returns.

So what did you do for Mother's Day?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful post!!! I love the pictures and just loved being with all 4 of my guys (Dennis being the "main" guy} and having so much work done on the property. Your blog brings so much joy :-) You are and have always been such a blessing. AA

Brenda said...

Thanks Anne. Enjoyed sharing the family. They are pretty great!