Thursday, June 27, 2013

Sometimes I'm Dense

I totally thought that I posted about Lexxa's 
birthday party at my parents.
We celebrated back in May, and guess what -
I didn't post about it.

It was an intimate little get together,
just my parents and Todd, Aust, Lexx & myself.
The kids had to work all day, 
so they headed over to their Nana and Papa's 
house that evening.
My mom made a delicious meal,



and then it was time for cake


and presents! 

My parents had a shirt made for her with her picture on it.
Look a little closer -

Isn't she adorable! Bwahahaha.
Lexx used to run around with her bathing suit, bike helmet and goggles on.
She thought she was stylin'.
She didn't want me to bother her playing
in order to take this picture.
Can you tell by the expression on her face
 that she was unhappy with me?
(Any yes, that is a younger, skinnier me -shush!).

My dad was the entertainment for the night.
He was telling us about how his hip surgery 
was coming up and how he was going to get around.
Todd and I suggested he buy a walker -
Pish, posh!
He said, "I don't need a walker, I already have one."

What do you think, would you want to be seen with him?
I'm casting my vote as a big
NO!

Apparently the kids couldn't handle all the excitement,
because when I went to the living room this is what I found.


When all was said and done, we were home 
by 9 PM and asleep by 10 PM.
Bellies full and totally content.