Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Strawberry Bars

I found this recipe on one of the blogs that I follow.
It looked easy enough, so I thought I would give it a try.
I'm not really fond of strawberry cake, but my brother-in-law is,
so I thought this might be a recipe that he would like
(or maybe it's cherry chip that he likes - not sure).

Here are the deets.

STRAWBERRY BARS
by
Lil Luna
 
 INGREDIENTS:
- 1 box strawberry cake mix
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup butter (melted)
- 8 oz. Philadelphia Cream Cheese (1 bar)
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Sliced strawberries

Directions:
1. Grease a 9×13 pan and turn oven to 325.
2. Blend your cake mix, 1 egg and butter until smooth. Press mixture into your greased 9×13 pan.
3. Blend cream cheese, 2 eggs, and powdered sugar until creamy and smooth (I blended with my mixer).
    Spread over your first mixture in your pan.
4. Bake at 325 for 40-45 minutes or until edges are golden brown (middle may sink - it's okay).
5. Top with powdered sugar and lots of sliced strawberries.
6. Eat!

Mixture pressed into the pan.

Cream cheese mixture - mostly smooth.

Mixtures layered.

Strawberry bars right out of the oven.

Voila!
Finished product.

Todd gives this recipe a 5 out of 5.
I give it a 3 out of 5
(mostly because of the strawberry thing and it's a little sweet for me).

Why don't you make it and let me know what you think.

No comments: