Monday, November 9, 2015

26th Anniversary - Day 3

 Since we spent the previous day out
exploring the local towns, we thought
we would try and spend our third day 
close to the B & B.
 
We started our day with homemade breakfast,
and then decided to take a walk to the ocean
(which was not a long walk because the B& B
is located a few hundred feet from it).

 
We just followed the little path,

 
and picked up a little partner along the way.
This kitty would follow us and go on walks.
 
 
The ocean, so beautiful!
 
 
Todd found this little critter on the beach.
It looked like a little shrimp,
but to be honest, I'm not sure what it was.
 
After the beach, we went for a walk at
 
 
The reserve is 7,660 acres, but
Todd and I only walked about 3 miles of it. 

 
I took some pictures of the beautiful foliage,
and we just enjoyed being outside,
unplugged and carefree.



 



 
We spent about 3 hours driving to the reserve
and walking around.  By the time we returned
to the B & B, we were both ravenous, so we
took a drive to Fort Bragg and grabbed some BBQ.
 
 
We ate at The Q,
and it was delicious.
 
 
Todd ordered ribs, and I ordered
blackened fish & chips.
 
We returned to our Boat House
immediately after dinner, and we fell
fast asleep after our exercise filled day.
 
I didn't take pictures of our fourth day
because we spent its entirety driving
home from the coast.
Needless to say, there wasn't much to see.
 
Our trip was such a wonderful
little getaway.  Todd wants to make it a habit to
take a brief trip about every three months.
How can I disagree with that?
A little rest and relaxation...
count me in!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Makes me want to go for a walk along the beach--you take such great photos! What would "blackened fish" be?? I have never tried any. (ha ha) Remember timeshare points for possible brief trips. AA

Brenda said...

It was beautiful! It's always nice to get away for a couple of days. I love your timeshares, but you need to take some vacations with Dennis.

Blackened fish, is just fished fried/cooked in butter and seasoned with spices. Mine tasted a bit pepperish. I don't know what specific spices they used though.