Monday, June 16, 2014

El Dorado County Fair

Todd and I visited our local fair after work,
but this year we had some company.
The kids are home from college, so they 
decided to hang with ole mom and pop.

Why do we go to the fair every year?
For the exhibits?
No, but they have some nice ones.
For the animals?
No, but again they have some cute ones.
For the food?
Of course.
We love their 20/30 tacos and Old Faire Lemonade,
so we make go every year just so we can have them.
Lame, probably, but that's how we roll around here
(literally and figuratively).

Lexx, Cory (Lexxa's boyfriend) and Austin enjoying some yummy tacos.

Todd and I posing and listening to the Eagles cover band...
love that music!

After we finished eating we headed off to see the animals
(because we don't have enough of our own!).

Todd was mesmerized by this baby pygmy goat.
He just stood there on the top of his little house and stared..
and stared...

and stared.
See, I'm not lying.
He cracked me up.

They had all sorts of animals,
and I took tons of pictures of them,
but I only uploaded a couple of my favorites as not to bore you.

Here is little eyeliner bunny.
It freaked me out and intrigued me all at the same time.
It really does look like it has eyeliner.

See!
Doesn't it remind you of Beanie Boos?

We looked at the cows and pigs and monkeys,
then visited the CSI booth and flower and photography exhibit.
By the time we finished it was
 9 PM and my feet were killing me.

It was fun spending some family time with the kids
and enjoying a fun evening with 
entertainment and perfect weather.

So have you been to your local fair lately?


No comments: