Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Time Saving

As a working mom/wife, it seems like there is 
always something to do and never enough time.
I am constantly looking for ways to save time doing chores/errands.

I am by no stretch of the imagination an expert in 
time management or housekeeping, but I thought
I would share a tip on one thing I do to save some minutes during
the week so that I am not exhausted.

On Sunday evening (usually), I will try and prepare meals
that will keep during the week so that we may have a 
homemade prepared meal in the time it takes to heat something up.
It has never taken me more than an hour to
prepare the meals, and I find it to be time well spent.

I usually talk to Todd and ask him what he would like to eat,
and if he doesn't care, then I just make a couple of easy meals.

This Sunday I wasn't feeling particularly well, so I made meals
that were fairly easy to put together.

First,
Ham with red currant sauce.
I fed this to Todd this evening with green beans and stuffing.
It took no more than 10 minutes to put together.

Next up, 
Split pea soup.
(There are peas in there, they were just 
on the bottom when I took this picture).
Add a salad and some bread, and 
Voila!

And finally, 
Potatoes.
I baked about 10 potatoes (I think I went a little overboard).
We haven't had these yet, but my plan is to 
do a potato bar.
Todd wants to put chili, cheese and onion in them.
You could also do broccoli and cheese with ham,
sour cream and chive,
mixed vegetables
or whatever your heart desires.
I would add a protein, personally, because it 
tends to fill me up for a longer amount of time.

I have a few go to recipes that I tend to default to.
Spaghetti
Corn bread casserole
Chili
Chicken and dumplings
Chicken soup
and so on.

I make these so often that I can put them together
quickly and have them come out edible.

So there you have it my friends,
a little trick that I use that I thought you might find useful.
What do you do as a time saver?
Please share.
I think this could be helpful to several people.

No comments: