Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Window Cleaning

Windows are a chore that I regularly neglect.
I clean the inside portion of the windows on going,
but our outside windows....definitely neglected.
I have an excuse.
Most of the windows are out of my reach.

I had finally had enough after looking  
at this for about 4 months...

Hangs head in shame.

I know, I know, don't judge.

Yes, I have a high tolerance for chores I want to avoid.
But, enough is enough and I had to get down to business
and get these bad boys cleaned.

Because they are too high to reach
(without standing on a ladder)
I had to come up with a new plan.

My plan,

Krud Kutter's House Wash.

The product didn't say specifically that it was for 
windows, but it cleans numerous things.
Good enough.

It was really handy how the bottle was designed.
You take a hose and connect it to the connector/sprayer 
(what is that thing called?).
On the sprayer you can twist it to Off/Rinse/Wash.

So the obvious thing to do is rinse what you are cleaning first.
You should look something like this. 

BTW, Todd this for demonstration purposes only...
this was my project.

After I rinsed a few windows, I would go back 
and turn the sprayer to wash and wash the windows.
I let it sit for a few minutes (it actually said let sit 10-15 mins),
but it was 105 degrees out so I ignored that direction.
BECAUSE
right below it, it said not to let it dry.

Let me tell you fluid dry pretty fast in 105 degrees.
I was hopping!

The window after I put the washer stuff on.

After my few minutes were up I rinsed again,
and 
VOILA!
Nice clean windows.

AHHHHHH!
That's so much better.

What do you do to get your out of reach windows clean?
Anybody have other suggestions?

PS - I wasn't endorsed by Krud Kutter to promote their product,
however, I would gladly take large sums of money if they 
wanted to give it to me.
(Unfortunately, they don't even know I exist).

No comments: