Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Cowboy Dinner Tree Cafe

My dad celebrated his 73rd birthday on Sunday,
so Todd and I decided to make the drive to Oregon
to celebrate with him (also to visit my niece, sister and brother-in-law).

My dad wanted to go to a restaurant called the
located in the middle of 
NO - WHERE!
(Silver Lake, OR)

We drove 2 hours through twists and turns and 
finally arrived after what seemed like days.
I was thinking to myself -
Self, this better be some darned good food
or I'm going to through a mild tantrum if it's not.

When we arrived, we pulled up to a building that
looked a little better than a shack.
It was decorated in various cowboy decor,
and kind of fit right in to the surrounding area.

My dad standing in front of the restaurant.

The restaurant let us in promptly at 4 PM
(they are only open Thurs-Sun 4-8:30 PM)
The waitress promptly brought us our drinks and salad.

About half of the gang.

A picture of the birthday boy, some of the
 decor and his grand kids.

My mom and Todd (missing my brother-in-law).

 All of us.

After salad, they brought out homemade yeast rolls, soup and beans.
They were delicious.
Once we polished that off,
the main entree came out -
are you prepared?

This was my chicken.
Yep, they serve you an entire chicken.

This is the steak.
It was about two inches thick and 8-10 inches long.

OMG!
Best - Food - Ever.
It gives our little local restaurant a run for its money.
You only have two options to choose from:
steak or chicken.
So they have it down to a major science.

After dinner, the kids played around for a few minutes
and we took a few more picture for posterity.

Cousins.

The saloon.

Who is that?
Ken and Barbie!
Tee hee hee.
Can you tell it was kind of windy?

The restaurant didn't disappoint,
and if you are in the area I highly recommend going
(as long as you are not a picky eater).

My dad had a great birthday and luckily we got to help him celebrate.

Watch this video.





No comments: