Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Do You Have Sticky Buns?

So I saw a recipe on Facebook for simple Sticky Buns.
I thought I can do that...so I did.

Here's how to make them.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup Syrup
3 tbsp melted butter

1/3 cup light brown sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup chopped pecans (or walnuts) *optional
1/4 cup chopped almonds *optional
2 small tubes of instant buttermilk biscuits

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Spray fluted pan with non stick spray.
Mix together syrup and butter in one bowl and set aside.
In a separate bowl, mix together brown sugar, cinnamon and nuts.

Pour half of the syrup/butter mixture in the bottom of the fluted pan.
Pour half of the nut mixture on top of the syrup mixture.
Place biscuits on top of the nut mixture being sure to overlap edges.
Once you finish placing the biscuits in the pan,
pour the remaining syrup and nut mixture on top.

Bake in the oven for 20 - 25 minutes.
Let cool for 1 minute and invert onto a serving platter.

The simple ingredients.

This is what the syrup and butter mixture should look like.

Do you own a slap chop?
If you don't, you need to get one.
It seriously saves tons of time -
5 slaps and I went from this
 
to this.
The brand I love is Pampered Chef.

You pour the syrup mixture in the pan,
and then the nut mixture on top of it.
It should look something like this.

Place the biscuits on top being sure to overlap them.

Pour the remaining mixture on top of the biscuits.

Bake at 375 for 20ish minutes.

And it should turn out looking something like this.

Family will appreciate your hard work -
only we know that it is super simple!

Todd thought they were fantastic and requested
that I make these once a week.
I thought that they were good, but prefer my
sticky buns to be a little more firm.
However, knowing that they are made from biscuits,
they are pretty stinking good.
Would I recommend this recipe,
absolutely.
I say give it a shot and then let me know if you like them.





No comments: