Wednesday, October 16, 2013

A Saturday Drive

Todd and I had plans to visit Apple Hill this past weekend.
Once we hit Placerville, and there was traffic backed up,
we knew that our plans were going to change.
Apple Hill is about 8 miles outside of Placerville - enough said.
 
So we turned our car around, and stared
at each other with questioning looks.
So now what?
We ended up in Amador County and had a great time.
 
We visited an antique store, a salvage store and a furniture store.
I took way too many pictures in the furniture store
and can't wait to share them with you.
 
has to be one of our favorite stores ever.


 
Todd and I absolutely love the way the store is decorated.
The owner is in the right hand side of the picture.
Her family has owned the store since 1972.
She is very personable and helpful.
You should check it out if you have the chance.

 
I lust over this table and tablescape.
It makes me want to SQUEE!
Isn't it just perfection.

 
I love the Fall colors.
Amazing!
 
 
I am in LOVE -LOVE- LURV with this dinnerware.
I might actually return and buy some place settings.

 
I fell in love with this little guy.
I wanted to take him home with me,
but I'm not sure where I would house him.
 
 
Aren't the colors in these pillows spectacular.
They sell wonderfully colored textiles.
 
I just shared a few of my favorite things in the store.
I could have spent all day in there taking pictures,
but we had to move on.
I swear though, if I had $1,000,000,
I would probably buy the entire store out.
 
After we were finished in the showroom,
we decided to head over to their warehouse

 
We tried to take a picture so you could see how
enormous the warehouse was, but we didn't do
a very good job showing the enormity, however,
we did do a great job showing what dorks we are.

 
Todd had to check how the furniture was made.
 
 
This door was massive.
It was also $7,000 dollars
(or was it $5,000 - hmmm?)

 
The last picture I got was of this
 beautifully intricate door.
It was quite pricey as well,
and I believe it was super old -
but alas, I can't remember specifics.
 
So what's your favorite store, and does it have $7,000 doors?

No comments: