Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Anniversary Trip - The Ridge

 Todd and I were finally able to celebrate our
anniversary this past weekend.
We headed to Tahoe, but decided to switch things up a little.
We usually stay right along the strip,
but we wanted to try something different.
We left around noon and made a very important stop.
 
 
We detoured through Camino and stopped at Boa Vista Orchards.
They have amazing baked goods, and I had
been dreaming about their blackberry pie.
 Boa Vista is in Apple Hill, so I figured because
it was a Friday it wouldn't be busy like last time we tried to go.
I was wrong.
 
 
This is the line for my pie.
Friday - at noon!
It took about 1/2 hour to finally place my order,
but it was well worth the wait.
Of course, I didn't only get pie, I had to also get
some apple donuts and a blackberry dumpling.
All were AH-MAY-ZING!
 
Me showing off my goodies.
 
After we stopped at Apple Hill for a minute,
we headed on up to Tahoe.
It was a beautiful day and that made for
an absolutely beautiful drive.
 
We arrived to The Ridge around 4 PM,
and quickly checked in and found our way to our room.
We were both very impressed with the facility.
 
 
As you walked in the door you immediately
saw a small kitchen.

 
To the left was a nice little sitting area and our bed.

 
This was the view looking the opposite direction.

 
It had a nice little bathroom with granite.
 
But, my most favorite thing in the entire room....

 
The sleep number bed.
I have never had the opportunity to try one out,
much less sleep on one, and let me tell you
Todd and I were impressed.
 
After we got settled, Todd and I decided to grab
some dinner, so we headed right down the road to
 The Fox and Hound.
 
 
It was a little bar that had some interesting food.
I ordered a BBQ chicken sandwich, and Todd ordered a PBEP.
What's that you ask...
a peanut butter, fried egg and pickle hamburger
(Yack!)

 
I couldn't believe that he ordered it,
much less ate it.



 
But, Todd said it tasted yummy and wanted to get
another one the next day.
 
After our interesting dinner we headed back to the room and
called it a night.  I had been fighting a cold
and wanted to be healthy for the next day.
We had plans, and I didn't want anything to get in the way.
 

No comments: