Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Day 4: Golfing on Vacation

On the 4th day of vacation, we decided to do a little golf.
I had never been, and Todd had been trying to
talk me into it for about two years.

I finally caved, and Todd chose Apple Mountain Golf Resort.
While it is a beautiful course, let me tell you,
it wasn't a supremely easy course.
Not that I'm an expert, but it doesn't take an
expert to know that if you have to go over
streams and between trees and shoot dog legs...
it's not easy!
We started off on the front nine,
and took our golf carts down some very steep hills.
We chose the "red" course, being it was the easiest.
We all managed to hit the ball,
and get it to the hole within 6-8 strokes.
That is until the 3rd hole, which is where I got
frustrated and threw my club and declared I was done.
Yes...I'm a poor sport!
After I stopped playing, I could really enjoy
the beauty of the course.  There were flowers,
trees, streams, and wildlife everywhere.
Little Lexx was a trooper and actually played
18 holes along with Todd and usually got 6 strokes.
Aust quit at the end of 9 holes, and he was right in line
with Lexx, usually getting 6 strokes.
We stopped and ate dinner after the 9th hole,
and then Todd and Lexx finished the last(back?) 9.
It was around 7 PM when we finished,
and it was a beautiful day and so great
to be able to spend time with my family.

While I will not become a professional
golfer anytime soon (as in ever),
I did enjoy riding around in the golf cart,
drinking my drinks, taking pictures,
and visiting with my family.

No comments: