Sunday, July 17, 2016

Day 1- 3: Start of Vacation

Originally, back in March or so,
 Todd and I planned
on doing a staycation this summer.
We had the wonderful cruise to Alaska
last year, so we figured we would
keep it low key and get some things
done around the house this year.
Around May we decided that was dumb,
and tried to scrape together some
plans to do something.

Well...we just returned from our summer vacation.
It was 9 days (2 were Sat and Sun).
Not the relaxing time I had hoped for,
but nice still the same...
anytime you don't have to work it's nice!

My official vacation started Friday at 5 PM,
as soon as I got off work.
I went to leave my office, and of course,
I couldn't locate my keys.
Great start, right?
Ends up that I had left the keys in my car
because I had set them down so I could
pick something else up....idiot!!!!

The evening improved, however,
when we took the kids for dinner.
They had to prep their apartment
because they are both moving out,
so we figured we'd provide
them with some sustenance.

The evening got a lot better when we stopped
for some yummy ice cream at a local
ice cream and candy shop before they left.
I basically ran errands and Todd
did yardwork all day Saturday.
Then we turned around Sunday and traveled
two hours to bring Todd's trailer
to the kids apartment in order
to move their larger items.

It just so happened to be about 100 degrees,
which believe it or not was much
better than the 105 - 109 degrees
that it had been a couple days earlier.
It took us a few hours to move stuff
to Austin's new little house
and load Lexxa's on the trailer.
After we finished, we turned right back around
and drove home so we could relax
on the 4th of July -
we didn't want to be on the road
on a drinking holiday.

Before we left the kids again,
we had lunch at a local brewery
(Do you see a theme regarding food here?).
It was pretty much delicious,
and we enjoyed every morsel
because we were exhausted from
the heat and doing physical work.
I didn't take any pictures of the 4th
because we didn't really do anything
except relax and BBQ.
So there was nothing really exciting to blog.

Did the rest of our vacation improve?
Guess you'll have to wait and see!
I know, I'm a brat.

No comments: