Monday, October 29, 2012

Pumpcakes

They're what's for dinner.


I made pumpkin pancakes for dinner last night 
and they were delicious.
I had never had them before,
but my sister made them for us when we visited last year.
(Think pumpkin pie taste.  
I LURVE pumpkin pie!
Actually I love most pies:  
blackberry, strawberry, peach, blueberry -
you get the idea).

When I asked the sis how she made these,
she pulled out this little beauty below.
When I got home from vacation last year,
 I searched and searched
and couldn't find the mix.
So when my parents visited her this month,
little sis sent this to me through them.
Can I just say
I love my sister right now.


Apparently it is seasonal.
Also, apparently, you can purchase it at Costco.
I, however, do not belong to Costco,
so that is probably the main reason I couldn't locate the mix.

The mix does say "quick bread"
but I haven't made the bread,
just the cookies and pancakes.
I wasn't super keen on the cookies - I found them really sweet.
Pancakes, however, superb.
Do keep in mind that they are sweet,
 so I'm not sure you will want to put syrup on them.
I prefer them with a tiny bit of butter and whip cream.

Do you have any awesome pumpkin food recipes to share with me?
Do tell.

No comments: