Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Day 3- California & Oregon Vacation

Day 3 consisted primarily of driving from Northern California's coast to the middle of Oregon.
While it was quite the drive, 6 hours, there was some beautiful scenery
(most of which I missed because I was too distracted).

See, some beautiful redwoods...

and pretty little yellow/orange flowers.

We did stop at The Oregon Caves on the way to my parents,
and Todd, Austin and Alexxa got their spelunking fix.

The fam listening intently on what the ranger had to say.

I opted to sit by the pond and read my book.

A little bit of heaven.

They opted to climb through a dirty, dark & moist cave.

Not my cup of tea, but the all seemed to enjoy it.

After the 1.5 hour long tour, we got back on the road and drove for another 3 hours.

This is the last picture I got for the day.

I believe it is Upper Klamath Lake, but I'm not 100% positive.

We arrived at my parents around 10:30 PM and went directly to bed.
It was a long but enjoyable day.

Up next...Day 4

No comments: