Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Our Fun Minication - Day 1

The hubs and I took a minication this last weekend.  
That's why I'm a little behind on the photo challenge.

We stayed in Santa Rosa because it was a hub
for all the things that we wanted to do.
The first day we headed off to Bodega Bay.
Todd and I haven't been there in about 8 years,
 but it still looks the same.
That's one thing you can count on in Bodega, nothing changes.

Sebastapool

We ate breakfast at a little place called Village Bakery.  
OMG - they had the best breakfast sandwich.
They used homemade buttermilk biscuits for the bread.
It was seriously the best biscuit I have ever had...
and I have had many!

After breakfast we made a B line for the ocean.

Beach shot at Bodega Bay.

Another beach shot.

Whale watching.  There were actually two, a momma and a baby.  
I got so excited, all I got was a picture of the whale boats. 
I promise the whales were there.

Todd and I stopped at the Tides Restaurant for lunch.  
To our astonishment, they had remodeled the entire inside, and it looks quite nice inside now.
I didn't get pictures of lunch because I was to busy eating,
but trust me, the food was good.

After lunch we started heading back up the coast and made a couple of stops along the way.

 
Enjoying the sand between our toes.

Enjoying the beautiful windy day.

It looks pretty, but take a look at the next picture.

Todd looking over the edge.

Part of a house falling off the cliff.

Beautiful house falling apart.

Do I spy a house foundation at the bottom of the cliff?  
Why yes I do...so sad.

There were about 5 beautiful homes that were sliding, or had slid.
I guess the lesson here is - don't build too close to the ocean.
Wind, water and sand make for disastrous results.

After we nosed around the houses, we drove a little more and took a few more pictures.



Look at this handsome man.

Todd took my picture, but the wind was so bad
that I had my eyes closed 
and it looked like I had been electrocuted with my
 hair flying everywhere.
I'll spare you the torture of looking at the pic.


Guerneville (Russian River)
  
We drove home through Guerneville on our way  back to the hotel.  
The little town looks like it would be a fun place
 to hang out during the summer. 
 You have the Russian River right there, 
and quite a few cute little shops in town.

So concluded our first day of our minication. 
It was very relaxing and just a beautiful 70 degree sunny day.
Can't ask for too much more than that.







No comments: