Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter Sunday

My Easter was really low key.  The kids are grown, so they don't get super excited for the Easter bunny to visit.  Because nobody is super jazzed about holidays, it makes me lazy in the decorating department.  I did manage to get up at 8 AM, take a shower, get dressed and go shopping for some Easter morning supplies.  While shopping I picked up a pretty little bouquet of flowers...and...tada, decorating accomplished
(sorry folks, that's as good as it gets around here). 


We ate a small little breakfast and opened the Easter goodies (Lindt truffles, snickers and weights for working out - ya, don't ask why the complete opposite types of gifts). 

Lexx went to a baby shower in the afternoon and the guys worked on Austin's project that I posted about in a previous blog.  I just occupied myself by sitting in the sun, reading my book, doing a little laundry, curling my hair, taking some pictures and other random miscellaneous stuff.


Later in the day we headed over to Dennis' house and had a wonderful Easter supper that Anne prepared.  It was delish as always - ham, potatoes, corn, green beans, salad, croissants, 
and several homemade goodies.

The kids helping prepare croissants.  It took a team effort.

Todd and Anne

Dennis taking a break from a hard days work.

Lynn visiting with everyone.

Robb and Amber watching tv.


Because we didn't have any little ones, the Easter bunny had eggs for all the adults to open -
 no egg hunt here.
  You picked an egg, and each egg had money.  
Some had more than others, but it was fun just getting a surprise.  
Thank you Easter bunny.

It was very mellow and relaxing and I enjoyed the day immensely. 

How come every day can't be like this?

No comments: