Friday, March 30, 2012

A Look At My Finished Product (table runners & other stuff)

So everyone knows that I spent half of my weekend sewing table runners for my boss' retirement party. I wanted to show you the final outcome. It turned out pretty nice.   

My boss, and guest of honor, Dona (on the right hand side).

Of course nobody commented on my table runners,
but everyone loved the old fashioned cars that we used as centerpieces.  
 I borrowed them from Uncle Lynn (thank you Lynn!). 

We also took old fashioned post cards, blew them up to poster size and laminated them.

The main cake was a suitcase.  The picture we gave the baker was quite a bit more decorative. 
 The cake was a little plain, but tasted delicious.
The main cake was flanked by two flower arrangements on either side and a bouquet of balloons.
We also had two antique cars on either side.


Dona loves Chinese chicken salad, so that's what was for lunch. 
We also had fresh fruit and homemade rolls.

It was a full room and Dona got a standing ovation for her 28 years of service to the children and families of El Dorado County.

Congratulations Dona!

No comments: