Sunday, November 6, 2011

A Really Long Day And Baby Rattlers

As you can probably tell from my last post, I made it to my sister's house. We stopped at beautiful downtown Bakersfield to spend the night. Todd and I woke up by 7 AM and were on the road by 8. I did have a couple little things I wanted to share about my first day. First, we were greeted by out little (or in this case BIG) black rain cloud. It seems to follow Todd and I around Whenever we go on vacation, so we are totally used to it.
Yep, that's snow in the mountains. The bad weather didn't bug us mutch. We drove and drove and drove and drove for what seemed like an eternity then finally decided to get some lunch at 1:30. We stopped at a place called the Wagon Wheel in Needles. They had a pretty cool little display going on, see for yourself
Too funny! When we drove through Lake Havasu we got to see a couple of interesting things. First up was the London Bridge
The year is supposed to say 1831-1971, not 183-1971. Next, was a Ferrari (be sure to read his license plate).
I want one of my own. My plate would read FerrarSHE. We finally rolled in to Phoenix at 5:45 PM. It was a LONG drive. However, when we pulled up, we were greeted by this.
Isn't she just so cute. We had to immediately go and change our clothes because, if you remember, I had a surprise lined up for Todd, and we had to be to the "surprise" by 7 PM. I made it all the way until the front doors of the stadium, and we ended up watching this live
It was sooooo cool. Todd and I had never been to a hockey game before, much less a NHL game. The Coyotes ended up winning 2 to 4, so that made the game even more exciting. We have quite a bit line up for the next couple of days. I can't wait to share my pictures, and I'm crossing my fingers that the weather holds out, you know with our little black rain cloud and all. Psst-I really hate Blogger sometimes. I format so it looks pretty when I'm writing my post, but when I go to publish it, it does funky stuff. I apologize if my posts are difficult to read. It really isn't my fault, really!

No comments: