Monday, December 21, 2015

Autumn To Do List: Recap

Well it's December 21st, which means the end of Autumn.
That means that it's the deadline for my Autumn To Do list.

Did I finish it?

Yep!

So let's get this recap started, so you can see what I did and how I did it!

1.    Visit a pumpkin patch and take a hayrideVisited Bishop's Pumpkin Farm and took a hayride.

2.    Drink a pumpkin spice latteEasy Peasy - went to Starbucks for this - I could do that daily.
 
3.    Make homemade soup I made some homemade Chicken soup when it started getting colder.   
       Good stuff!
 
4.    Go on a short hike I got to do this when Todd and I went to Fort Bragg...so fun...minus the two
       spider bites that are still healing!
 
5.    Go to Apple HillSo fun, we visited Apple Hill after we took our family portraits.
 
6.    Visit three different wineriesI actually finished this one this past Friday.  I visited Boeger
       Winery,  Hart2Hart Vineyard and Jose Wine Caves.  I really enjoyed all the different
       experiences. Who knew wine tasting was so fun on a cold and windy day.
 
7.    Make S'mores on a bonfire  I actually finished this task today.   I kind of forgot about it.  When I
       was looking over my list I was like "Ooops!"  I couldn't make a bonfire because it's been raining
       like crazy, so I did the next best thing, roasted my mallows in the fireplace and ate my S'mores in
       a nice, dry, warm living room!  Winning!!
 
 
8.   Start a fire in the fireplace and watch  A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving.  I had an awesome time 
         sitting by the fire, watching A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving and drinking cocoa.  Can you say
         perfect Autumn day?
 
 
9.    Make a DIY pumpkin centerpieceI did this when we hosted Thanksgiving at our house.  It
       wasn't perfect, but it was mine.  I learned I don't want to be a florist....can you say no patience!
 
10.  Create a piece of furniture from scratchThis was actually a team effort.  I found the side table
       plans, Todd cut, I sanded, Todd assembled.  I haven't been able to stain the table yet, but when it
       warms up, it's right at the top of my to do list.
 
11.  Take some Fall pictures with my new camera. Completed this task in Fort Bragg with Todd.  See
       previous blog post.
 
12.  Go on a weekend getaway with my wonderful husband and explore a new town.  Again...stayed
       at a B & B for our anniversary.  While it is near Fort Bragg, it actually is located in
       Westport, a town we hadn't explored.
 
13.  Make an apple or pumpkin dessert.  I made Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip muffins for our
       holiday potluck.  It's a 3 ingredient recipe.  I'll do a blog post on the recipe.
 
14.  Buy some clothes in Fall colorsNo problems completing this task.  It happens to be one of my
       favorite past times, shopping!
 
15.  Make homemade hot chocolate I actually made cinnamon hot chocolate.  It was pretty good, but
       I made the drink so rich I barely finished my drink. The drink was made better because I drank it
       in a cute decorative cup:)
 
So there you have it!  I did it.  Wasn't sure if I had the sticktoitiveness, but I proved myself wrong.
Yay me.
 
Now all I have to do is keep making To Do lists so I can actually get things accomplished on an on going basis.
 
So do you have a to do list?
What was your favorite on my list?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great job, Brenda! I have a to do list that I seem to be able to ignore. I really like the side table y'all made from scratch. You have given me some incentive to make actually doing some things on the to do list I have made, as a New Year's resolution. One thing that has been on my list for some time is to join the "Procrastinator Club". I just keep putting that one off-ha,ha...AA