Thursday, October 16, 2014

MIA and a Pounding Head

Sorry for the lack of post the past week,
but I had more important things to do....
like go wine tasting - and it was fantastic!

Four of us from work decided it would be
a good idea to taste the local wines.
Some were wine connoisseurs (or maybe just winos),
 I was not.
Personally, I'm not a big wine drinker,
but I thought it would be a fun experience,
so I raised my hand high in the air
when they asked who was interested,.

Kim, Lori, Lisa and I visited three wineries:

Gwinnlan Estates - the only place I bought wine.  
It was a Chardonnay in case you were wondering.
The owners were kind and knowledgeable. 
It was a great experience for my very first
time wine tasting.
 
Too Good Estate Winery - this was our second stop.
I found it to be very busy, and not as warm and friendly
an atmosphere.  All but one staff seemed not to
concerned if we were satisfied or not. 
I do have to say, however, that this winery had
a "cool factor".  They had modern artwork
everywhere, and a large waterfall/water feature
right outside the wine caves.
I actually think I preferred their landscape to their wines.
 
Fitzpatrick Winery - this was our last stop.
I really loved the setting.  The people were friendly
and took time to explain the wines.
And, after we were done drinking we bought
a wood fired oven pizza that they make right there
on their deck!  I loved this...
food, drinking, relaxing.
Does it get any better?

Those three wineries took us 5 hours to visit.
We didn't even begin to experience all the
wine goodness that the area had to offer,
but we have plans to go back around April next year.

I would show you several awesome pictures
that I took of the experience, but unfortunately
my good camera died - like for real - like a resurrection
couldn't bring it back.

One of the girls had a phone and managed to snap
two pictures the entire day (she might have been
a little preoccupied taste testing), but both pictures
were from Too Good.


Lori (my boss) and you who here.


This picture was actually taken inside the cave
where they store lots and lots of wine!


Lisa and me :)


This was where we actually started the wine tasting.
You paid $6 and you got a wine glass and several 
options of wine, including a 14 year old port.
This $6 also included barrel tasting.
 
Oddly enough, I didn't drink enough to even feel tipsy.
I really tried to limit what I tasted,
first, because I'm picky, and second, because I had
to drive home.  I would say over the 5 hours
combined drinking I might have consumed
one full glass of wine.
 
I didn't end up with a hangover the next day,
but ended up getting a horrible migraine
Monday and Tuesday
(totally not related to the wine tasting).
 
So that was my weekend in a nutshell.
 
Have you done anything new and exciting lately?

 




No comments: