Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Back to School

Now that my kids have headed back to college,
I realized that I didn't do any post for those of
you with kids going back to school.
I've seen some cool ideas floating around the web,
so I thought I would share a few.
 
I know the beginning of school can be
frustrating for both parents and children,
but here are a couple ideas to help
you organize and ease the transition
from the lazy days of summer
to the busy days of school.

 
How cool is this homework station. 
It has clipboards, supplies, school materials,
just about everything you could think of to help get
you and your child organized.

 
This homework space is adorable and functional
Not too many distractions.
A nice flat, clean, well lit area is all you need.
Well, that and a chair, of course.
 
 
Make mornings less rushed by having a space
where children can store their backpacks, shoes,
jackets and maybe any supplies they will need.
The rushing around trying to find things frenzy
will be all but eliminated if you take a little time
the night before to organize.
 
 
I love this idea because this is an area where I struggle.
I can do most school preparation well,
but it always took me forever to figure out what to wear.
I love the idea of picking out a weeks worth of
outfits so you aren't running around looking for
a matching sock or a clean pair of pants.
Pick out 5 outfits on Sunday and be done with it
for the entire week.
 
 
And finally, any list you need could probably
be found in these kits that are available for purchase.
They have
good morning/good night charts
weekly schedules
school day schedule
important school numbers and contacts
important classmate/parent numbers and contacts
conversation tracker
 
And if you think of any list or chart that you may
need, this website will create it for you in you convo her.
(I personally thought important school documents
might be a good list to have).
 
So there you have it.
My favorites that I have seen lately.
Hopefully these little suggestions help you
transition to the school year with fewer meltdowns.
And moms/dads - I'm talking to you!
 
Oh - putting kids to bed at a decent hour doesn't hurt either!

No comments: