Sunday, August 7, 2011

We Go To Tahoe

Because Todd and I haven't had a vacation together this summer, he decided to spoil me with an evening in Tahoe. We headed out directly after work, checked in to our hotel and headed out to eat at our favorite spot up there, The Brewery, where we dined al fresco.






Todd enjoying his delicious food.


Todd got the ribeye...


I got the ribs (nom, nom, nom).

After dinner we decided to partay it up, so we went gambling at Harrah's. I laid down $10, of which I managed to keep $.25. Ya, you read that right, twenty-five cents. Todd decided to go to the poker machine, played $5 and won $35. We took the money and ran. I know, big spenders.

We were annoyed with the loud, obnoxious, drunk people, so we decided to check out the stores. It was a little late, so most of them were closed, so we decided to end the party and head back to our hotel.




Me creepin on Todd, trying to get his $35.


We partied til we dropped, which was right around 10 PM.

The next morning we slept in and then went to breakfast, again, al fresco - why because we had to in that AWESOME Tahoe weather.

After breakfast we took off down 89 and then took 88. It was a beautiful and relaxing drive. And, of course, like always, we had to stop and kayak. Silver Lake was our lake of choice and it was beautiful. We spent about 2 1/2 hours paddling around and then decided it was time to go home.


Caples Lake - sorry about the cruddy picture.


Spillway at Caples Lake - the beginning of the South Fork of the American River.


Todd and I taking pictures of ourselves on the side of the road - cause we are cool like that.


SPECTACULAR view!


Todd getting the kayak ready for us at Silver Lake.


First random view of Silver Lake.


Second random view of Silver Lake.


Third random view of Silver Lake. This was super cool and super big.

It was a quick trip, but man was it fun. Todd and I laughed the entire time. I wonder when we will go again...hint, hint, hint Todd.

2 comments:

Todd said...

Yayyyy! Looks like you two had a good time. Brenda, you do a wonderful job blogging so keep up the good work even if nobody leaves you comments. I know they enjoy it as much as I do...love you!

Brenda said...

You are such a goof. I had an AWESOME time. I know, nobody leaves comments, but that's okay because I read the blog and use it as a diary. I forget some of the cool stuff that we do. Luvvvv u too!