Monday, June 27, 2011

Ouchy, Ouchy...Ewwwy

Todd and I had plans to hang around the house this weekend and catch up on chores. The house was looking a little neglected as we were busy for the past two weekends. I jumped in the shower around 8 AM, and Todd came back to let me know that we were going to have to take Thor to the vet, as he was bleeding all over from his forehead area. One problem, the local vet isn't open on the weekend. This meant that Todd and I would have to make a trip to Folsom to have Thor checked out.

Turns out that Thor had a foxtail in his ear, and he was scratching his head trying to get it. The scratch then became infected, and boy did it look gross. I was going to post a picture of the ouchy, but I think it is probably a little too much. The weird thing about his ear and head, is this happened over a two day period. He was fine on Thursday, we went to work on Friday and got home late so we didn't get to see him, and then on Saturday he was infected and bleeding all over.

He is the little troubled child of the family, so I don't know what I expected. Everything is a okay with him now, and he is on the fast track to recovery. I'm just glad he is feeling better!


Poor little Thor :(


Here he is catching a few zzzzz's. He spent the night in our bed.

No comments: