Sunday, December 26, 2010

Merry Christmas!

Yes I've been MIA for about two weeks while I prepared for the holiday festivities. This is one of my favorite times of the year: Decorating the house, trying to find the perfect gift for those you love, spending time with family.

Traditions have changed in our house, as we are now celebrating with four adults instead of two adults and two children. The piles of toys have now been replaced with more adult gifts like electronics, clothes and movies. The 6 o'clock wake up call by the excited children is now non-existent...I actually had to go wake Austin and Alexxa up this Christmas, can you believe it?

I wouldn't say having adult children is better or worse, just different. I have to say that one positive to the kids growing up is that they appreciate being together as a family and are learning to cherish and appreciate those few special moments that we get to spend together.

I hope you and your family had an absolutely spectacular Christmas, and here's wishing you a Happy New Year :) Now go to bed.


RAWR!


Brenda the Christmas Elf.


Cowboy, I think you need a smaller hat size.


Epic Nerf gun war - Get 'em Lynn.


Mass chaos.


Kierra taking in all the craziness.


Watch out, Anne's on the prowl.


Bret bringing in the big guns.


Brie on the attack.


Robb and Alexxa getting in on the action.


Amy, Anne and Dennis hard at work.


Amy enjoying a little glass (cough, cough) of wine ;P


Brie in her human hamster ball. Check out the hairdo :)


Adam taking in the festivities. What's wrong with this picture?


Dennis checking out his awesome Christmas gift.


Those are some good looking kids there.

Thing I'm thankful for today:
Another wonderful Christmas spent with loved ones.

No comments: