Saturday, April 3, 2010

It's A Beautiful Life












I have been wanting to post for a week, but due to technical difficulties (our Internet service is dumb), today was the first time I have been able to. A week ago today, Todd and I decided to take the day to ourselves and we went on a little drive. Our morning started off in Placerville at the Buttercup Pantry where we had a delicious, and semi-nutritious breakfast. After stuffing our faces we headed off to Daffodil Hill where we walked, took pictures and enjoyed each others company. There were people of all ages, but one little girl in particular who had a blood curdling scream and used it when she didn't get her way. All Todd and I could say was...boy are we glad we don't have to deal with that anymore. After Daffodil Hill, we decided to visit Volcano. My dad's uncle, or my great uncle, used to own several acres out there (something like 100 acres), so we decided to see what the area looked like. It was a cute little historic town that reminded me of Coloma. After the quick jaunt to Volcano, we ended up in Sutter's Creek where we walked up and down the sidewalk and visited the cute little shops. We were busy until about 4 PM, when we decided that we were hungry and wanted to eat dinner. Todd and I ended the day in a little taqueria in Folsom, exhausted but thoroughly happy to have been able to spend an enjoyable day together. It doesn't get any better than that.

Things I'm thankful for today:
A wonderful husband who I adore.
Beautiful spring days.
Being able to spend time with the people I love.

No comments: