Monday, April 26, 2010

Do You Give Up?

So, I thought and thought about what type of bird Alexxa could be talking about. Crane...mostly white but has some black....no, penguin...not big and also not likely to see one in Roseville...no, pelican...usually near the ocean, right?...nope, geese...aren't they usually green and brown...negatory. I wracked my brain all day Saturday and I couldn't come up with an answer. Sunday rolls around, and again we head back down to Cherry Island for Alexxa's last soccer game, AND on the way guess what I saw in a yard...an ostrich. That's right, the flightless bird from Africa. That was the bird that Alexxa had seen. I think she should have emphasized BIG, as in human size or bigger, and sometimes they are more grey than white, but the mystery was solved. I think it is safe to say you don't have to worry about Lexx or I becoming ornithologists.



Things I am thankful for today:
Weekends when you do absolutely nothing
Making dinners that my family enjoys





No comments: