Thursday, February 5, 2009

It's hard to be clever at 1 in the morning

It is 1 AM, and I find myself awake, listening to Todd snoring. Why you ask? Well, the story begins like this...last Thursday Alexxa was at soccer practice. Towards the end of practice she headed the ball wrong, and wouldn't you know it, gave herself whiplash. She wakes up Friday, can't move and feels horrible. So, I take her to the doctor, doc gives her a neck brace and says don't do any physical activity for at least 3-5 days. No problem. So the family teases Alexxa mercilessly for two days and then Sunday rolls around. Todd wakes up and...yep, you guessed it..he cannot move his neck and is in excrutiating pain. I think wait a minute, Lexx has whiplash and that's not contagious...DUH! So it is now a week later and here I am in bed, I don't have neck problems, but I had a horrible headache and stomach ache. I think Alexxa's whiplash may have been whiplash and a little virus that attacks muscles. I'm no doctor, so it's hard to say, but seems like an awful coincidence that all of this happened within a week of each other. And for those of you who are wondering how Lexx and Todd are doing, they're still sore and not feeling 100%, but at least they don't look like they belong on the set of Night of the Living Dead.

No comments: