Sunday, April 24, 2016

Thrift Store Clothing Haul

My sweet children visited us this weekend,
so I took the opportunity to make Lexx model
some of my thrift store finds I have collected
over the past month.
 
 
First up was this cream colored sweater from Forever 21.
I paid $6.19, and although I couldn't find the exact
sweater online to compare it with,
 I found this similar one for $24.90.
Savings of $18.71!
 
Wouldn't this sweater look adorable
with leggings and knee high boots.

 
BTW, we left the tags on so you could see the actual prices.
 
 
The next two items I found were a
 tank top from LC - Lauren Conrad - $5.19,
 and a pair of denim shorts from Jones New York - $5.19.
I couldn't find the exact tank or shorts,
 but this similar shirt cost $20.00
Savings of $14.81.
Similar shorts $40.00
Saving of $34.81

 
And the final items I purchased were a
dress from Forever 21 for $7.19
and Born leather cork wedges for $12.20.
Lexx is needing an outfit for graduation,
and we had no luck finding anything at Macys.
When I saw this at Goodwill I couldn't pass it up.
 
 
As in all of the items above, I couldn't find the exact item,
but a similar dress at Forever 21 cost $34.90.
Saving of $27.71.
The similar shoes (minus the flower) $100.00.
Savings of $87.80.

 
Lexx and I are super excited to style these outfits,
especially the graduation one.
 
I'll have to post pictures so you can see
how beautiful Lexx can look without spending
a small fortune, or large fortune,
depending on where she shops.
 
So here is the breakdown of cost:
 
Money spent:  $ 35.96
Cost of clothes new (approx):  $219.80
Difference (approx):  $183.84
 
Not bad for just weekend thrifting!
 
So do you have any treasures that you've
found at the thrift store?
 
 
 
 

 

4 comments:

Alexxa McComb said...

You're the best thrift shopper ever! Thank you for all my awesome new clothes, love you!

Brenda said...

Why thank you Lexx. I love finding little treasures, so much fun! Love you too!

Anonymous said...

My kind of shopping!! I have never related to spending lots of money for clothes. Lexx looks beautiful as always. I loved the graduation pictures. AA

Alexxa McComb said...

Thank you!