Sunday, January 11, 2015

Celebrating Christmas - Round 2

The day after Christmas, the family headed to Oregon
to go celebrate with my family.
This was a twist on our normal holiday tradition,
as we usually celebrate with my
parents on Christmas Eve.
This year my nephews flew out from Texas
and my parents to decided to take them
to Oregon instead of California.
 
It was a little bit of a drive, but we
ended up arriving around 9 PM.
When we pulled in we were greeted by
Santa and his very tall elf.
See for yourself.
 
Santa Jarod, Austin and Riley elf.
 
We all chit chatted for a little while
and then I gave my mom her very
late birthday present.

My mom's bright purple poncho.
 
Because of the long drive we all decided
to go to bed pretty early so that we could
have energy to exert the next day.
 
My dad was pretty sick with a flu/cough,
but he managed to get outside a few times
with "the boys".
 
All the boys shooting my dad's compound bow
into the tree.  Apparently this isn't a good idea,
it breaks your arrows...ooops.
 
It seems like the guys spent the majority of the time
doing outside stuff.  Like building fires, riding the atv,
shooting arrows...you get the idea.
 
Riley helping my dad cut up a small branch
for their bonfire.
 
There is some property for sale by my parent's house
and they really wanted Todd and I to look at it
(and buy it), so we appeased them and spent a couple
hours walking the property and trying to find property lines.
 
It was a beautiful piece of property
that had a lake view, and was 25 acres.
 
I didn't include very many pictures because
the majority of the time we were visiting,
we just ate and relaxed. It was a great way to
unwind from the hectic holiday schedules.

Riley sitting on Nana's lap.
He might be getting a little too big!
 
The day we left it decided to snow on us,
so we took it nice and slow and ended up arriving
home around 6 PM. 
I think that we might try to make this a yearly
tradition.  We'll have to see how the boys
schedule works out in the future, as well
as our kids schedule.

Entering Weed, CA from Oregon.
 
So did you do any quick little visits for the holidays?

No comments: