Sunday, January 4, 2015

Celebrating Christmas - Round 1


Well, it's taken me a while to post pictures
from Christmas, but they are finally here.
I don't know what the deal is, but it took
all day for me to upload the 15ish pictures
that you are below...
SO FRUSTRATING!
 
What wasn't frustrating - our Christmas.
It was such a wonderful and laid back celebration.
We actually celebrated Christmas twice,
but I figured I would break up the celebrations in
to two posts as to not overload you with pictures.
 
Our first celebration started Christmas
morning at our house.  Everyone rolled out of bed
around 9ish, at which time we opened presents,
ate breakfast, and got ready to head over to
Todd's parents house.

The tree with all the presents.
 

Todd was super awesome and made everyone breakfast.

Austin and Lexx had to pose for the usual Christmas picture.

Todd and Loki had a great time watching
everyone open gifts.

Lexx had to show off her super cute Christmas outfit.
 
When we arrived at the in-laws house,
Anne was making her famous sausage biscuits...
YUMMMM!

And Dennis was hard at work preparing food for the day.

While Dennis and Anne slaved away,
I took pictures of my good looking kiddos!

I love this picture that I got of all the girl cousins.

And I also got one of the boy cousins.

I don't know what it was about this picture,
but it made me laugh because
Mom (and soon to be Stepmom) was saying
something and the girls were giving each other
"the look."

All the guys ended up huddled around a
white board trying to help Robb come up
with a plan for grading (or something like that).

I did manage to get a picture with my kiddos
who I never get to spend time with
because they are in college.

Austin showed me how he holds wine glasses.
Clearly he doesn't drink lots of wine.

Later in the afternoon Lexx and I took some selfies.

And of course we had to take our big yearly family picture.
 
And like that, Christmas Day was over.
It was a wonderful low key event.
I just love when our family gets together!
 



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful pictures--as always!! I do believe Anne was was making pie crust goodies in the picture :-) AA

Brenda said...

You're right! The biscuits were already made, you were putting butter on the pie crust goodies. Now I remember. I had three different events going on. I'm lucky I remember my name. :p