Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Getting My Bake On

Since it cooled down this past weekend, I got the urge to bake. I had been surfing Pinterest and found some delicious sounding/looking recipes. Motivated, I pulled out all my ingredients....most outdated...FAIL!

I decided on Samoa cupcakes (yes like the girl scout cookie samoas). Todd and I headed to Holiday Market, and $50 later, I had all my supplies.
I got to work, and it took me about 3 hours on Sunday to complete. They tasted pretty yummy, but I had problems with the cupcakes collapsing in the middle, something like a sinkhole. I remedied that with icing, but I'm not a huge fan of icing, so it was a little too much sweet for me. Todd and Alexxa liked them, but Austin and I didn't really care for them. They had coconut in them, so that probably explains why Aust and I could have lived without them.

This is what they were supposed to look like.

My sinkhole cupcake.

This is how mine turned out. BOO.

I think I am going to adjust the recipe a little and give it another shot. Afterall, $50 should produce something decent, right?

No comments: