Saturday, November 27, 2010

A Week (+2 days) of Bliss

OK, so I lied about being better about updating my blog. I have been in vacation mode and have little more energy than to figure out which way I'm going to turn while I'm napping. I have to say it has been 7 pure days (will end up being 9 days) of bliss.

Alexxa came home from Monterey, so on Saturday we spent the day together shopping and eating. Sunday the fam visited Dennis and Anne and Anne made a belated birthday meal for Dennis, Amy and myself....YUMMERS! Monday through Wednesday Todd and I went to Reno, got snowed in and ate ourselves into oblivion. Thursday was, of course, Thanksgiving, and we enjoyed a spectacular dinner that my mom cooked at their house. Uncle Lynn came with us and we visited most of the day, that is when we weren't eating. Friday, we got our Christmas tree, went to Apple Hill and went out to Chinese food for dinner. Saturday we slept in, Lexx made homemade cookies, I did a little laundry and went to Grandys for some more food that Anne made for Lexx. Sunday, we just kind of hung out. Lexx went back to Monterey, Austin went to work, Todd went to Lynn's house, and I hung out on the couch and watched movies all day.

It was so nice to get away from the hectic work schedule and enjoy time with family. We don't really get to do that much these days as Austin and Alexxa have their own schedules. I am truly blessed this holiday to be surrounded by the people I love most!

PS - Pictures to be posted later because I can't upload pictures on Todd's computer and mine is broken.

Things I'm thankful for today:
My family
Getting to spend time with family.
Good food and good conversation - plus a glass of wine :)

No comments: