Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day Weekend

So Todd, Lexx and I enjoyed a fun Labor Day weekend. We decided to go up and see my parent's property that they just bought in Oregon. We left after work on Friday and headed off to Klamath Falls, OR. We drove in about 1AM on Saturday, got up and ate breakfast at the Black Bear Diner then headed out to the property. The property is about an hour out of Klamath Falls, as you head towards Lakeview. When we arrived, Todd took off with my dad and they walked the property. I hung out with my mom and Lexx, and we took a couple pictures and then headed down to the lake. Eventually Todd and my dad made it to the lake and we just hung out and relaxed for a little while and then went and ate lunch in Bly. Bly is a tiny little town, but man did they have some good food. After lunch we left my parents and headed to Susanville.



We stayed the night in Susanville and then headed off to Lassen National Volcanic Park for the day. It was awesome! We only had about 9 hours total in the park, but we hit what we considered the high points. First stop was the Boiling Lake. It was about 1/2 mile up hill...and I pulled a muscle going up. Coming down was fine, but I decided I would let Todd and Lexx hike the 2 miles to Devil's Kitchen and I would go back to the car and read my magazine. We finished around 12:30, went to lunch in Chester (cute little town) and then headed out to Bumpass Hell. Bumpass Hell was a 3 mile hike. It was fairly easy except for the very last part, which was of course steep. Poor Lexx had a headache at this time, but still hiked the entire distance and smiled for some pictures...what a trooper. We finished at Bumpass Hell around 7:30 PM, and then headed home through Chico. We finally arrived home around 11:00 PM. Exhausted and satisfied that we had a very full week.

No comments: