Tuesday, March 31, 2009

An Exciting Weekend


This weekend started off the same as most of our weekends do, with soccer of course. Lexx played two games on Saturday and one game on Sunday. Her team did well and will advance to the next level of State Cup which will be in Morgan Hill on April 19th. The Eclipse did especially well when you take into consideration that five of Lexxa's teammates were either injured or sick so we had no subs. Saturday was grueling because the eleven healthy girls played 180 minutes (or 3 hours) of pure soccer with no relief, not to mention it got to 83 degrees that day. That may not seem too warm, but you have to remember that it was snowing about a month ago and the temperature has been around the mid 60's. Sunday was cooler, but the winds were blowing hard. If I had to guess I would say they were probably about 20 mph winds. Anyways, while waiting for Alexxa's Sunday game to start, I find out that my niece Ava is in California with her parents. I have never seen Ava before because she lives out of state, so it was a special surprise when I got to see her cute little face. It was a nice visit, and I wish they lived closer, but beggars can't be choosers and I will take the occasional trip out here. We visited for about six hours and then I had to get Alexxa home to do homework. Ava's family turned around the next afternoon and went home. It was a short trip, but very sweet...thanks to Ava.

No comments: