Monday, June 27, 2016

A Super Quick Minication

I tagged along with Todd last weekend, and went to Long Beach.
He had a work related meeting he needed to go to
so I thought I would take advantage of the situation.
We left on Thursday afternoon, and we had to be
back to work on Monday, so it was a really short trip,
but because we were together we had lots of fun.


Of course I had to get a picture of us driving,
but you can't really tell what's going on from the picture.
Doesn't it look like we are driving in clouds?


We stopped right after we passed through the Grapevine
and ate some yummy dinner at El Toritos.
Can you believe the size of Todd's dinner.
That was the fajita plate.


We rolled into Long Beach around 9 PM
and went straight to our room to go to sleep.
It was an 8 hour drive so we were pretty tired.
We had stayed at Hyatt at the Pike before about 3 years ago.
I remembered they had a pool on the rooftop,
so while Todd went to his meeting, I explored.


It was an awesomely beautiful day,
and the view was lovely.
I didn't go swimming
(mostly because I forgot to bring my bathing suit),
but man was it tempting.
Especially when you consider the fact that nobody was up there.


I tried to get a couple pics to prove I really was there,
but again, it looks like I'm floating in the clouds.


Todd finished work around noon,
and while he was working, I was shopping...
although I didn't buy anything...
does that still count as shopping?
The last time we were at The Pike it was just
random stores and restaurants,
now it has outlets and restaurants...
Score!

We ended up leaving Long Beach around 2 PM,
and headed down the coast.


There was a random rhino in Malibu
(I think it was Malibu, it all kind of blurs together).


It was a beautiful drive until we hit Santa Barbra.
There was a fairly large fire,
and the sky was dark and scary looking.


You get the idea.
We ended up stopping shortly after Santa Barbra
in a random town, but it had hotels and restaurants,
and at that point, those were our only requirements.


The next day we traveled through Pismo Beach, Morro Bay,
San Luis Obispo, Carmel and Monterey until we had to head
inland and make our way home.


Of course we had to stop for dinner
one last time, and enjoy the perfect weather.
The picture above is one super tired Todd
after driving for about another 8 hours.

We didn't get to do much except shop, eat and drive
because of the time restriction,
but it is always so much fun to spend time with my honey.

We plan on possibly going back and staying a few days
on the coast a little later in the year. 
Maybe we will have time to put our feet in the sand
and catch a little sun.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A drive along the beach is always fun! I did not recognize any of the food on Todd's tray--imagine that-lol. Shopping is #1 on my list anywhere. Nice pictures! AA